- Although Rawlings is known to stick to their tradition of classic gloves with classic patterns, the Rawlings Heart of the Hide PRO205-9SHFS represents its maker's new dedication to revolutionary technology.
- The PRO205-9SHFS features a newly developed technology straight out of the Rawlings' Glove Lab: the Finger Shift design, which is detailed in the following paragraphs.
What You Must Know about the PRO205-9SHFS Pattern
- The Rawlings Heart of the Hide PRO205-9SHFS measures at 11.75 inches, features a necessary grip-concelaing two-piece web, and has a medium-to-deep pocket depth.
- The PRO205-9FS is built with Rawlings' new "Finger Shift" technology, meaning it has several modifications (like a sealed off index finger slot) that allow for better two-in-the-pinky usage.
- Why it matters: Even though the number of two-in-the-pinky users is steadily growing, there are only two gloves specifically made for TIP grip use: the PRO205-9SHFS and the Rawlings Heart of the Hide PRO303-6CFS.
Our Take on the PRO205 Finger Shift Pattern
The PRO205-9SHFS pattern an extremely solid pattern for two-in-the-pinky pitchers, as its length, pocket depth, grip-concealing web, and Finger Shift technology are close to perfect for the bump.
A Deeper Look at the PRO205-9SHFS' Colorway
- The entirety of the Rawlings Heart of the Hide PRO205-9SHFS is primo sherry, save for the white stitching and beige embroidery.
- Why it matters: Primo Sherry is a highly appealing color yet highly underrepresented in Rawlings lineup, as the PRO205-9SHFS is the only all-primo sherry glove Rawlings makes.
Our Take on the PRO205-9SHFS' Colorway
I find it hard to dislike the all-primo sherry colorway of the Rawlings Heart of the Hide PRO205-9SHFS, as this color looks great new and ages wonderfully.
A Deeper Dive into the PRO205-9SHFS' Material Quality
- The Rawlings Heart of the Hide PRO205-9SHFS is part of Rawlings' Heart of the Hide line, meaning you should expect and will get amazing quality materials.
- The hallmark of the PRO205-9SHFS' materials is its leather, a Steerhide, that is known for its excellent long-term durability.
- After the leather, this glove packs a whole host of other great materials: supple yet durable lacing, a soft Deer Tanned Cowhide liner, and firm padding/inserts.
- As is the case with many gloves, if taken care of, this Heart of the Hide model will hold its shape for an extended period of time.
- All together, the Rawlings Heart of the Hide's pattern, high quality materials, and clean colorway make it an excellent all-around option for two-in-the-pinky pitchers.
- You get all of the aforementioned parts of the PRO205-9SHFS for $249.95, a reasonable price for an overall solid mitt.