5 Things to Know about the 2018 Wilson A2000 1786SS:
- The 2018 Wilson A2000 1786SS is an 11.5 inch glove with an I-web and shallow pocket. This pattern, the 1786, is considered by many to be the best middle infield pattern on the entire market.
- Has a colorway of silver, black, gray, and brick red. Silver, the base color of the 2018 1786SS, has not been used since the 2014 Wilson GOTM October.
- Features a Super Skin back, which makes the 1786SS both lighter and stronger. Compared to all-leather gloves, the 1786SS will weigh about 10-15% less.
- Built with Wilson's renowned A2000 materials, including durable Pro Stock Leather (an American Steerhide), that will hold the glove's shape for many seasons.
- Requires a solid break-in period (comes about 50-60% broken-in), meaning you get the form this mitt to your liking. In addition, this longer break-in time equates to a longer lasting glove.
Recommendation: The 2018 Wilson A2000 1786SS is perfect if you are looking for a lighter-feeling middle infield glove that will assuredly last you a few seasons. Price: $259.95.
Spec Sheet: 2018 Wilson A2000 1786ss
Middle Infield: Shortstop or Second Base
11.5 inches, I-web
Right-Handed Throw Only
Features Super Skin Backing